Click on the link to go to the website.
- Our Developmentally Appropriate Preschool Program is designed for children between Birth and VPK(5) The curriculum meets the “Florida Birth to Three Learning and Developmental Standards” and “Florida School Readiness Performance Standards” for preschoolers. These standards are the precursors for the Florida Standards used in Duval County Public Schools.
- Individualized Education- Our curriculum is adapted for children who are ahead as well as those who need additional help. Teachers recognize that children’s different background and experiences mean they do not learn in the same way or time.
- Developmentally Appropriate- Children spend most of their time playing and working with materials or other children. They are not expected to sit quietly for long periods of time.
- “Hands on” Creative Curriculum- is our school wide core curriculum Birth to VPK as it becomes progressively more structured and is age appropriate for each age. The creative lessons prepared by our trained teachers are channeled through fun in centers designed in each class. Our nurturing environment encompassing a full spectrum of learning centers with weekly themes that coincide with the calendar happenings and general themes, such as modes of transportation, the five senses, etc. Children have access to various activities throughout the day; assorted building and construction materials, props for pretend play, paints and other art materials, and table toys such as matching games and puzzles. Our ‘hands-on” activities are specifically designed to involve a variety of learning experiences providing an overall positive attitude towards learning and school. Children work on projects and have long periods of time to play and explore. They have an opportunity to play outside every day. Works by the children, posted around the classroom, provide evidence of learning and encouragement to continue learning. Teachers work with individual children, small groups, and the whole group at different times during the day.
- The Foundations for Success Toddler Model is the supplemental curriculum we use in our “Infant and Toddler” programs. It focuses on four foundational areas necessary for supporting infant and toddler development: relationships, movement, language and senses / perceptions.
- ELLM Literacy Curriculum is the supplemental curriculum we use in our JrVPK and VPK classrooms- Includes a new book each week in which the children use to study the following areas: Reading Aloud and Emergent Comprehension, Letter and Sound Knowledge, Phonological Awareness and Phonics Connections, Emergent Writing, Print Concepts and Oral Language (Listening, Vocabulary, and Concept Development). The classroom is decorated with children’s original artwork, their own writing with invented spelling, and stories dictated by children to teachers. Children learn numbers and the alphabet in the context of their everyday experiences, as in counting out snacks and learning how to spell out his/her name. Teachers read books to children individually or in small groups throughout the day, not just at group story time. Literacy is present and used within each classroom center.
- Special Events throughout the year for all classes and families and field trips for Preschool classes.
- Continuous Communication with parents via daily reports, monthly newsletters and year round conferences to bridge the gap between school and home learning experiences.
- Nutritious Hot Meals- Through family style dining, children learn healthy eating habits and mealtime etiquette. Carefully selected foods provide daily nutrition for the children at breakfast, lunch, and snack time. New Dimensions serves fresh fruit daily, only fresh or frozen vegetables, and a more nutritious variety of child friendly main entrees.
Click on the program to go to the website.
Register at northflorida.ssreg.org - Soccer Shots Classic utilizes creative and imaginative games to focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing and shooting. We also highlight a positive character trait each session such as respect, teamwork and appreciation. Register Link. Wednesday 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM at NDLC, Soccer Shots - Stronger Youth, Beyond the Game- Mission: Our mission is to be the premier intro-to-soccer provider across the globe and to do so in such a way that it leaves a lasting impact on the youth we serve. Method: We offer a quality, high-energy soccer program with principled instruction wrapped in fun. Our creative curriculum emphasizes soccer skills as well as character development, which transcends the game itself. Motivation: Our motivation is to impact children in both soccer education and character development with application to all areas of children's lives. We are motivated by a desire to see kids experience the game of soccer and to enjoy the rewards that participation in the game offers.